This is a dictionary of possibilities and a work in progress. Please read the first mail of the blog to understand the project.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

#5




I used the same square I cut out of #1 as background for the face. I punched this one to an industrial felt band I bought in a garden & house center. I think it is used for insulation of some kind. You can punch and machine sew very well on it. It isn't that nice for hand stitching...
I also had to use two layers of it (I put the second one after stitching) so that it is sturdy enough to be sewn to the other rectangles.

Ich habe das Quadrat, das ich vom #1 über hatte, um den Hintergrund vom Gesicht zu machen. Ich punchte es zu einem Industriefilz, den ich in einem Baumarkt gekauft hatte. Ich glaube, man verwendet ihn als Isolierung für Rohre. Man kann gut auf ihn punchen und maschinsticken, aber nicht so gut handsticken... Ich habe auch ein zweites Stück vom Filz nach dem Sticken unterlegt, so dass alles mehr Körper hat.

7 comments:

CCK said...

Could you please tell me what it means when you say you punched one fabric to another? Your whole idea here intrigues me, but I don't have the vocabulary for some of the terms. Thank you,

Sue said...

I like this face very much. Did you make it?

Looking forward to Ally Pally!

Anneli said...

Sara, if you like, you can have a look on my first pieces on this project on my blog. (I made them before I saw yours, mine are a bit "plain" in comparison with yours, though ...) Still, I'm working on it!

Threadhead said...

Hi Sara, I love your work. I am not sure how this works but I would like to join your project? Are these just basic atc's done in wool felting?

yvette said...

I so much would like to join this project. I'm going to make some examples and can you say if i've understood? yvette

paulahewitt said...

I an enjoying watching this project very much. what-iffing is so inspirational

Jo said...

Wow, so love this new blog, Sara, with its 'alternative' perspective. Once again you're challenging by thinking... thank you!! I've added you to my favourites so I can check back often.
Hugs, Jo x

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online